Job Title: Videographer & Editor
Filming: 3 years (Preferred)
A videographer & editor uses digital camera equipment, audio and lighting equipment to capture video footage and audio then to use digital software to organize video and sound files into a final product through editing. A video editor is required to possess both technical and creative abilities to be able to effectively create the vision clients have in mind. Individuals in this position usually have experience working with creative software and have a keen eye for creative digital design.
An associate degree in film production or related field is required. Additionally, the ability to work within several software programs including but not limited to Adobe Premiere is required an important skill in relation to the position. Being able to communicate clearly with team members & clients and understand their goals enables a video editor to bring their concepts to life.
We are seeking a talented Videographer & Editor professional to work with our creative team to plan, film, and edit video content according to client briefs. The Videographer’s responsibilities include ensuring that the necessary filming equipment is available for use, directing other camera operators on set, and editing film footage.
If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, Miller Davis is a great place to grow your career. You’ll be glad you applied to Miller Davis.
Responsibilities for Videographer/Editor
- Meet with clients to establish the desired feel and look for the video to be shot and created
- Gather and transfer all forms of media into editing software and ensure each was updated in the correct format
- Operate computer editing systems and equipment used for video media and effects
- Establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video’s direction & creation
- Create an initial proposed storyboard draft of the video to present to internal team members and to the client and receive approval before beginning to digitally alter video
- Improve video and sound quality using various video software
- Edit video to include preselected music, interviews, sound clips and other important aspects of the project
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to client’s specifications
Qualifications for Video Editor
- Associate degree in film editing or related degree is required
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Creative experience in videography
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project when meeting with clients and the ability to bring them to life
- Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
- Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals to supply clients with top-notch finalized products
- Film videos on set or on location
- Ensure that equipment for a shoot is present and working
- Plan the shoot with the creative team and the client
- Edit footage in post-production
- Direct other camera operators/grips so that the needed footage is acquired
- Excellent computer literacy
- Proficiency with editing software Adobe Premiere
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with camera, audio and lighting equipment
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miller Davis, Inc.
305 North Lee Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
Toll-free in the U.S.: 1.866.463.7883